New Student Registration

It is time to begin Kindergarten Registration.  Come to Edmondson Elementary on the dates below to sign your little one up for school!!

Monday, April 1st 9am-3pm & 4pm-6pm

Wednesday, April 3rd 9am-12pm

Kindergarten eligibility dates for the State of Tennessee have changed for the 2013-2014 school year.  Children must be 5 on or before August 31st. 

 As you gather items to bring to register please note you will need the following:


      New Williamson County Resident

Current Williamson County Resident

       Parent/Guardian Residing with a Legal Williamson County  Resident 


The legal/custodial parent (custody guidelines found below) must register the student.  The Student Enrollment Data Form must be presented to the registrar of the zoned school with proof of residence at the time of enrollment.  Additional items required are as follows: 

Required Vaccine






One dose must be given after age four.  For those starting after age seven, only 3 doses are required.





If the 3rd dose is given after age four, the 4th dose is not required.  If a combination of OPV and IPV is used, all 4 doses are needed regardless of age.


Hepatitis B

2 or 3


For Kindergarten entry (3 doses) and seventh grade. (For adolescents, vaccines with either a 2 or 3 dose schedule are available.)





Given after the first birthday.  Second dose given at least thirty days after the first.


Varicella (Chickenpox)



(For Kindergarten Only) Given after first birthday.  Parental or Physician History of disease is acceptable.


Hepatitis A 2
Doses must be spaced at least 6 months apart

Physical Examination



Must be within a year of entrance.


If transferring from another Tennessee public school, a copy of the Tennessee School Immunization Certificate must be presented to the school at time of enrollment.  If a copy of the form is not available at the time of registration, the state law permits a 30 day waiting period for the original for to be sent from the previous Tennessee public school.  If not received after the 30 day period, it will be the responsibility of the parent/legal guardian to obtain a current Tennessee School Immunization Certificate.  If transferring from an out-of-state school or private or parochial school, an original Tennessee School Immunization Certificate form is required at the time of registration.  This immunization certificate may be obtained from a private physician or any medical facility, such as the Williamson County Health Department, or the individual school nurse.  The Health Department is located next door to the Williamson County Administrative Complex where the Williamson County School Board office is located.  Their office hours are 8:00 Ė 4:30 and their phone number is 615-794-1542.

Custody Guidelines:  Custody or court-ordered parenting plan documents are required at the time of registration in cases of legal custodial, shared parenting, or guardianship placements.  The legal residence of a student is defined as the domicile of the studentís primary residential parent (court order 1999 and after) or the parent with custody (court order prior to 1999). 

Full Custody:  Copy of legal custody papers.

Guardianship or Temporary Custody:  Copy of legal custody papers.

Joint Custody:  Copy of legal custody papers including a copy of the Parenting Plan that has been signed by a judge and notarized.

Parents Married Not Living Together but no Legal Separation:  School is determined by where the child resides overnight.  Parent must reside in Williamson County.

Parents Not Married and Not Living Together:  A certified copy of birth certificate showing legality of parent and parentís photo ID is required for enrollment.

Process of Changing Custody:  Copy of court petition of change request and allow 30-60 day grace to be handled by the court.

Exchange Student:  Form I-20 is required for student to be authorized a student visa.

Whereabouts of One Parent Unknown:  A certified copy of birth certificate showing legality of parent and parentís photo ID is required for enrollment.

Bus Transportation and/or School Zone Information:  Please visit our WebQuery site found at for school zone and bus route information.  You may reach our Transportation Department at 472-4950 for additional bus route questions or Susan Parker at 472-4002 for additional school zoning questions.